Call +91 90940 99952 | E-mail email@example.com
The courses in Business Studies are introduced at + 2 stage of Senior Secondary Education as formal commerce education is provided after the first ten years of schooling. Therefore, it becomes necessary that instructions in these subjects are given in such a manner that students have a good understanding of the principles and practices bearing in business (trade and industry) as well as their relationship with the society.
Business is a dynamic process that brings together technology, natural resources and human initiative in a constantly changing global environment. To understand the framework in which a business operates, a detailed study of the organisation and management of business processes and its interaction with the environment is required. Globalisation has changed the way organizations transact their business.
Information Technology is becoming a part of business operations in more and more organizations. Computerized systems are fast replacing other systems. E-business and other related concepts are picking up fast which need to be emphasized in the curriculum.
The course in Business Studies prepares students to analyze, manage, evaluate and respond to changes which affect business. It provides a way of looking at and interacting with the business environment. It recognizes the fact that business influences and is influenced by social, political, legal and economic forces. It allows students to appreciate that business is an integral component of society and develops an understanding of many social and ethical issues.
Therefore, to acquire basic knowledge of the business world, a course in Business Studies would be useful. It also informs students of a range of study and work options and bridges the gap between school and work.
- To inculcate business attitude and develop skills among students to pursue higher education, world of work including self employment.
- To develop students with an understanding of the processes of business and its environment.
- To acquaint students with the dynamic nature and interdependent aspects of business.
- To develop an interest in the theory and practice of business, trade and industry.
- To familiarize students with theoretical foundations of the process of organizing and managing the operations of a business firm.
- To help students appreciate the economic and social significance of business activity and the social cost and benefits arising there from.
- To acquaint students with the practice of managing the operations and resources of business.
- To enable students to act more effectively and responsibly as consumers, employers, employees and citizens.